To enable learners and coaches to learn swimming in a relaxed and safe environment, please read these rules and regulations carefully before registering for swimming lessons.
Please note the following:
By registering, you agree that you have read these rules and regulations and fully accept and agree to all arrangements.
General terms and conditions
1. Safety first
- Participants are required to learn in the pool where the instructor is present. Other pools are not allowed to use. The coach has the right to decide and change the venue of the class, the student shall not object.
- After class, please change your clothes as soon as possible and leave the pool. Participants are not allowed to stay behind in the pool area, and if there is any accident, the Club is not responsible for any accidents, injury, theft, loss or damage to personal property on the premises of the lesson.
- If necessary, the coach has the right to cancel the class for safety reason, the participants shall not object.
2. Personal hygiene
- Anyone with infectious diseases, do not swim.
- Students should be aware of their physical condition, if you feel uncomfortable, or the emergence of infectious diseases such as fever, respiratory symptoms (such as cough, runny nose, sore throat), red eye, rash, skin damage, etc., should stay at home and take rest. If you have any questions, please consult your doctor.
- If the coach at any time observed that the health status of the participants not suitable to learn or emerges the symptoms of infectious diseases, the coach has the right to terminate his lesson and advise the participant to return home as soon as possible for safety reason
- Do not get too hungry or full before swimming.
- Before entering the pool, wash your body and pay attention to personal hygiene.
- If you feel any discomfort during class, report to the coach immediately
3. Swim class related
- New students (whether it is adult swimming class / children swimming class), please standby 5 minutes before the start of the swimming lesson and report to the coach.
- Students must follow the relevant rules of the pool.
- Students must wear suitable swimsuit classes.
- For the purpose of safety and easy identification, if the Club provide swimming caps (free), students must wear; please keep the swimming cap until the end of the course; if a student forgets to bring swimming cap to class, the coach has the right to prohibit the student from attending the lesson.
- Student must abide to the instruction of the coach and follow the relevant rules of the swimming pool. Swimming coaches have the right to stop disobedient students from continuing to class, for safety reason, without refund or make-up lessons.
- Participants should note that taking part in the course means possessing good health and good physical fitness and is suitable for taking part in the Whampoa Sports Club lessons and taking the relevant risks. The Club and its staff are not responsible for any accidents or injury on the premises of the lesson.
- The Club has the right to change the instructor at any time without notice, and the student must not use this as the reason for the refund.
- Be reminded that we take online reputation seriously. Any untrue rumors published may be subject to legal action.
4. Holidays and make up classes
- Students late for lessons would not be granted make-up time or refund.
- Maximum 2 make-up lessons permitted per term.
- All lessons of Children’s swimming class is to be completed within a maximum of 2 months.
- All lessons of Adult swimming class is to be completed within a maximum of 3 months.
- Please inform the swimming instructor at least 24 hours prior to absence. Notice less than 24 hours would not be entitled for make up classes.
- Students are absent without notice would not be entitled to make up classes.
- If the lesson is interrupted due to the weather problem, No Make-up lesson would be granted if remaining class time is less than half of the time, Make-up lesson would be granted if remaining class time is more than half of the lesson time.
- No lessons on public holidays (except for special notice).
- If there is a swimming gala on the day of class, class would be cancelled without make-up lesson or a refund.
- Students are required to pay a minimum of half of the entire course fee as deposit (down-payment). The remaining fee (if any) is required to pay in cash prior start of the first lesson.
- Any bank charges incurred will be paid by the remitter
- Once the booking is confirmed, all reservations cannot be changed or cancelled and no refund will be allowed. Failure to attend on the dates of booking will be considered “Withdrawn”, and all prepaid fees are not refundable.
- In addition to special circumstances, once registered, may not apply for a refund, or to be transferred to others in lieu.
- Only when we cancel the class, you will be refunded.
- Renewal fee should be paid on the last lesson of the term. Any overdue payment are subject to an additional administrative fee of 15% of the tuition fee.
- The Club reserves the right to recover unpaid tuition fees.
- If you drop out of school due to personal reasons, there will be no refund.
- Students and parents are admitted to the pool at their own expense.
- Please use a 5-dollar coin and use it to operate the locker.
6. Shooting and recording
- The Club reserves the right to use photographs or videos of students in class and/or competition for recording or publicity purposes.
- Without the written permission of the Club, parents are not allowed to photograph or video-record the lesson.
7. We reserve the right to restrict or refuse to accept the application and to change the information of the event without notice. In case of any dispute, the Club reserves the right of final decision.
Last revision: September 29, 2017